All 5D Blog articles from June 2017 onwards can be located on the 5D Website at www.5d-blog.com No more post will appear on blogger from this point.

Saturday, 14 February 2015

Extinction movie - World premiere on Weds 25th Feb

It's been my genuine pleasure to have been connected (in a tenuous-basking-in-the-shadows-hanging-on-the-coattails sort of way) to an Independent British adventure movie this past couple of years - Extinction. Since 2013 I've witnessed and helped in what little way I could to promote the film - from its early crowdfunding origins, passing on titbits of info about it taking shape on film, through to finally seeing the finished product last summer in a sneak online preview.

If you care to read the piece either for the first time, or you are a bit on the bonkers side, read it again, you can find it at the link RIGHT HERE .

I could have asked you to simply scroll through the marvellous articles within this blog, but I'm on a graciously good mood today so I thought I would save you the time by providing the link. I must admit, being the self-indulgent individual that I am, I did read the piece myself once again and to be honest I was quite impressed. However, it was the marvellous interview responses from actor Ben Loyd-Holmes that actually caught my eye rather than my own writing - ho, hum.

If you can't be bothered to read the piece, and believe me I would perfectly understand it if you didn't, then here's a brief synopsis of the plot ......

"Deep in the Amazon jungle a research team lead by a respected Professor strive to protect vulnerable and endangered species, but when their guides abandon them they soon realize they are in the hunting ground of prehistoric apex predators."

I won't bore you again with the full length version of my ramblings and musings but the final paragraph I think (If I do say so myself) it nicely sums of what I thought of the movie.

"I would urge you to watch Extinction when it goes on general release and put aside any negative feelings you have for found footage, if I can do that then anyone can. Lets be clear, this is not a horror film per se, but a richly layered exciting adventure that in its final act will leave you gasping for breath. It's a genuine treat".
Well the time has finally arrived for people to get the chance to see the film for themselves because today I received the following press release from the movie's director, Adam Spinks.

STARS AND CELEBRITIES HEAD TO LONDON FOR EXTINCTION WORLD PREMIERE

The stars of the anticipated new movie EXTINCTION will walk the red carpet this month in London’s Leicester Square alongside VIP guests, celebrities and more.
Fans eager to meet the team behind Britains most anticipated monster movie can head to the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square on Wednesday February 25th for what is sure to be the hot ticket in London. Celebrities, stars and VIP’s are expected to arrive on the red carpet from 5.15pm onwards.

EXTINCTION is directed by Adam J Spinks and stars Ben Loyd Holmes (Skyfall, Da Vinci’s Demons, Band Of Brothers) alongside Sarah Mac (Secret Diary Of A Call Girl, Montana), Neil Newbon (Hollyoaks), Daniel Caren (The Hike, Pulling, Essex Boys: Retribution), Ernesto Cantu (World War Z), Ross O’Hennessy (Da Vinci’s Demons), Simon Burbage (Pulp: The Movie, Hollyoaks), Dolores Reynals (There Be Dragons, A Very European Break-Up) and Emma Lillie-Lees.

EXTINCTION will be released in the UK in selected cinemas after February 25th and then will follow soon after on March 2nd on DVD and Blu-Ray. The film is distributed by High Fliers Films.

So my advise will be to you would be to get along to Leicester Square and shout some love at the Extinction team. If you can't manage that then keep an eye out for the limited release details and the DVD/Blu-Ray release in March.

To further wet your cinematic whistle just take a look at the behind-the-scenes clip that accompanied the press release.




The links for finding out even more about this move at the following links:

Twitter: @EXTINCTIONfilm

1 comment: